1. Seeing Stars – Dope, the movie, premieres in NYC and L.A. and brings a slew of celebs from Taraji P. Henson to Kylie Jenner. If an A$AP music video set in Harlem were to feature a supermodel, and an up-and-coming music star managed by Cookie, this would be it…kind of. But, kind of not.
2. Tony Awards 2015 – Many tried, and few fared well, but for the most part, the Tony’s red carpet was crowded with minimalistic chic. And like everything else involving Hollywood, it was documented thoroughly for our viewing pleasure. My faves were Bella Hadid in Prabal Gurung, Carey Mulligan in Balenciaga, J. Lo in Valentino Haute Couture, and Joan Smalls in Givenchy.
3. Resort Continues – The vaca goes on, but less margarita-in-hand-toes-in-white-sand, and more runway. This week brought a lot of great shows, but Proenza Schouler, Mugler, Prabal Gurung, Jason Wu, Sonia Rykiel, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Cushnie et Ochs stole my heart. And did I mention Prabal??
4. One, Two (Step) – Rompers, two pieces and dancing took center stage last week at Governor’s Ball in Randall’s Island, NYC. Whether that’s a testament to summer, or an excuse to bare some skin, it’s a match made in I’m-insanely-comfortable-without-being-completely-nude heaven. If your festival style hasn’t reached this level, re-up, here.
5. For the Boys – Topman show took place in London, with a lot of beautiful men looking dapper af. The pics are worth one thousand Insta-likes, trust me.
6. Role Reversal – In an interesting and culturally awesome turn of events, Zoe Saldana’s husband, Marco, takes her surname. She may have kind-of-sort-of-tried to talk him out of it by insinuating that it may be a death sentence for his manhood, but like a real one, he stuck the course, hyphenated that bad boy and simply told her, “I don’t give a sh*t.” I always knew these two were cool as hell.
7. Look of The Week feat. Beyonce – Queen Bey may always look this good, but this outfit was 🔥🔥🔥, point. Blank. Period. I mean, if Aquazzura, Elan White and Zimmermann all decided to find their way into your wardrobe, let alone into one outfit, could you really hate it? The answer is no. The end.
See Tahira’s article also on her blog, where you can find more on style and celebs!