1. Cannes Lions ’15 Rundown – Celebs flock to Cannes once more, this time sharing everything from their beginnings to their lives now, and how they got there. The most notable common denominator to their success was failure, as noted by Snapchat CEO and co-founder, Evan Spiegel. Spiegel said the $19 billion company was created out of boredom, as he had been kicked out of his fraternity at Stanford and had broken up with a longtime girlfriend. Similar stories were shared by Chef Jamie Olivier, who contributes his success to learning from his mistakes and translating them into research and development strategies. So, the moral of the story is, whatever dream you’re chasing, don’t stop. Fail, – hell, fail twice, but take Jay-Z’s advice: “the smartest thing we did is, we didn’t give up,” duh.
2. P. Diddy Arrested for Alleged Assault – Angered by the way UCLA football coach, Sal Alosi, treated his son Justin, Diddy threw a kettlebell at Alosi. Diddy was then held by UCLA campus police, and later booked on three counts of assault with a deadly weapon at L.A. County Sheriff’s Department Inmate Reception Center. While I’m surprised that he still gets down like that…I’m not shocked that he gets down. After all, he used to rock with Biggie! Nonetheless, someone please tell Mr. Combs, it’s definitely time for some shavasana. Or anger management.
3. Kimye Expecting A Baby Boy – Via Instagram, Kim K announced that her second child with hubby Kanye will be a boy. The couple are parents to North, a celeb in her own right – we’ve all seen her adorably not giving a you-know-what. I have negative 10 doubts that Kimye’s second child will be just as a big deal, not to mention just as cute as little Miss West!
4. Grace Jones Still Rockin’ It – In Hyde Park, London, Kylie Minogue concert-goers got more bang for their buck (literally), when legend Grace Jones graced the stage covered in body paint. At the ripe age of 67, it seems Grace still has an inclination to put on a show – and a damn good one at that. Even if you’re not a big Grace fan, you can’t deny her musical and aesthetic-genius. Side note: she’s also more fabulous than all of us, so criticisms can exit stage left! #FreeTheNipple
5. Not So Uber Cool – If you were considering taking an Uber in Paris, change your plans. Violent protests against car-sharing service, Uber, raged throughout the city, and other cities in France. Courtney Love, widow of late-rocker, Kurt Cobain, reported that her Uber driver was taken hostage during an attack in which car tires were slashed and windows were smashed. Love tweeted Kanye West, saying that she may return to Charles De Gaulles to “hide out with you.” This is a major yikes for the company, which has recently come under fire for the lack of benefits it extends to employees. So, maybe don’t call an Uber, even if you have somewhere to be.
See Tahira’s article also on her blog, where you can find more on style and celebs!